Coaching Authorization Renewal Information
5 Renewal Activities:
- One of the renewal activities must be a certificate for the mandatory reporter of child AND DEPENDENT ADULT abuse. This counts as one of the 5 required activities.
- Another required certificate is the concussion training. It also counts as one of the 5 and is available at the only approved site http://nfhslearn.com/courses/61037/concussion-in-sports
- The CPR Certificate. CPR cannot be the online only version and we do not accept a note/letter from the instructor. Upload a CPR card from one of the following approved providers: American Heart Association, American Red Cross, American Safety and Health Institute (ASHI), National Safety Council (NSC), Medic First Aid
- Optional (Ethics is only required for old license and this is the first renew-see below) – Optional renewal activities include any NFHS video, printouts from IHSAA.IGHSAU online rules meetings, documentation from workshops, clinics, or online printouts from professional development from providers such as can be found at www.7secondcoach.com
- Optional renewal activities include any NFHS video, printouts from IHSAA.IGHSAU online rules meetings, documentation from workshops, clinics, or online printouts from professional development from providers such as can be found at www.7secondcoach.com
**Ethics for Educators is only required for coaching authorizations issued before July 1 of 2000. It is not required if the authorization was ever renewed after that date or if the coach ever held a teaching license.
Renewal credits can be obtained through any of the following:
National Federation of High Schools- Any course from here can be used as a renewal activity
Heartland Area Education Association http://www.heartlandaea.org/ Mandatory Reporter & Ethics
www.7secondcoach – Offers renewal activities and Mandatory Reporter Training
Iowa Community Colleges, AEAs, and Accredited Colleges and Universities
CPR is required. Only official current cards are accepted. Online only or instructor letters are not accepted.