The BoEE is currently experiencing an unusually high volume of applications, phone calls, emails, and walk-in visits. Thank you for your patience while the BoEE staff works to answer all questions and issue credentials in a timely manner.Yours in service,
D.T. Magee, Executive Director
The mission of the Iowa Board of Educational Examiners is to establish and enforce rigorous standards for Iowa educational practitioners to effectively address the needs of students.
- that an effective licensure system is efficient, innovative, and responsive to needs of students and educators.
- in collaboration with other organizations to improve professional development and preparation programs.
- that education is a profession.
- that establishing ethical standards protects students and practitioners.
- The Board will develop rules for practitioner licensure that maintain high standards, are research based and provide flexibility in attainment.
- The Board will develop a communication plan for the dissemination of information to its constituent groups.
- The board will develop a plan to align BOEE goals with the Iowa Department of Education and Iowa colleges of education.